On August 29, 2013, the Cinecon Classic Film Festival premiered films from the 30s to around the 40s at the Egyptian Theatre. The festival showed classic film; for example, "A Tough Winter", "The Book of Sherlock Holmes", "Let's Go Native" and much more. They said that some of these films haven't been seen in years. Film historian Robert Birchard, president of Cinecon, was very excited and said, "It's a sense of discovery and it gives you a much better sense of the moviegoing experience of the classic age."
This article was important to me because in years people haven't seen these film and I find that very sad. What caught my eye was mostly that they haven't been seen and that the Egyptian Theatre was showing them. When I saw the Egyptian Theatre, I got excited. The main reason that I got excited was that films from Film 2 and Film 3, from last year, were showed at that exact theatre. Having their films showed there is amazing and in the same theatre that they had this festival. I haven't heard of these films that where showed, but they seem very interesting.
As a student, I feel that by watching these films I can learn more. I can see what cinematography they did and much more. As a future filmmaker, it can get me inspired for my films that I will be doing. Last but not least, as a consumer I would have definitely wanted to go. To see how old films influenced the present day films, and just to get out and watch these films.
What did the filmmakers thinking of the old film showings? How did old filmmakers edit? How money did the festival make? And with that money are they putting it to film equipment, workers, or films? 
I personally love watching old, classic films. I enjoy them much more than many films I see today in theaters. I think it's interesting to see how technology (special effects, editing, etc.) in the industry has advanced since the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, etc. I would love to go to a film festival like this someday.
ReplyDelete